Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Updated: Feature story? Not sure anymore

I'm trying very hard to find some ideas for a feature story. I have to write a story about it within the next two weeks. Then again, perhaps this may not have been a good idea to start this blog since I'm still drawn to music. I have two major addictions: chocolate and music. Music is also a passion of mine as well, besides writing.

There's another problem as well. I haven't found so much "quirky" news on campus. Everything is advertised ahead of time on the Daily Digest all the time. And nothing surprising has happened on campus yet. I probably would find something interesting if I was living on campus and some crazy event would happen.

Also, I don't think I could do a feature story on some immediate funny thing that would happen. It may have to be written in summary hard news fashion.

Then again, I may not have been looking hard enough. Here are some ideas that have come across my mind:

*SushiFest- September 30, 12:30p.m., University Union Potomac Lounge
*Delta Sigma Theta sorrority's "Dance with the Deltas"- TBD (to be determined)
*Upcoming concert at Recher Theatre?
*Cafe Night at Newell Dining Hall- already attended today at 5:30 p.m.; if I can get a hold of the performer and some people that attended the event, I could pull something off, but I don't know. I don't think I can do it.
*Informational meeting for Towson University Student Council on Family Relations (TUSCFR)- 5:30 p.m. tomorrow, Linthicum 311, attendees will be making peanut butter and jelly for Our Daily Bread. (Unfortunately, I'll be in Digital Publishing class at that time.)
*Invisible Children documentary screening- Thursday, Sep. 24, 7 p.m. (this one is a much more serious matter, looking at the crisis in Uganda and students' reactions to the documentary.)

I did want to see what this Friday's "Sci-Fi Shabbat" was all about, but Friday night is when I'm going to be inducted into the National Society of Collegiate Scholars.

I really need some time to figure this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment